ISO/IEC 20000 is a series of international standards for IT service management. ISO 20000-1 standard is the only auditable standard that companies certify to. It is made on the quality philosophy of Plan, do check, and Act Cycle. Organizations have to check themselves whether their operations are done according to the planning phase or not. Similarly, if you are a service manager or working professional managing or implementing ISO 20000 either as a beginner, or expert you also have to check your expertise in Service Management systems (SMS). This training helps you to check and validate your knowledge on ISO 20000 standard and its fundamental concepts like SLAs, service catalog, service components, etc. We expect by taking these tests candidates will suffice and improve their knowledge and skills regarding the auditing of a Service Management System (SMS) as specified in ISO 20000-1. ISO 20000-1 is a service management system (SMS) standard, the standard for operational excellence. It specifies requirements for the service provider to plan, establish, implement, operate, monitor, review, maintain and improve an SMS. The requirements include the design, transition, delivery and improvement of services to fulfil agreed service requirements.
How will I benefit?
This course will help you:
- Describe the purpose and benefits of Information Technology Service Management System,
- Interpret the SMS concepts and requirements of ISO 20000-1 in the context of an audit,
- Understanding SMS Fundamentals,
- Understanding SMS Risk Management,
- Introduction to Auditing Standards,
- Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report, and follow up on an IT SMS 20000-1 audit in accordance with ISO 19011,
- Prepare, conduct, report and follow up on an SMS audit based on process identification, sampling, and questioning techniques,
- Identify and apply the benefits and requirements of an SMS 20000-1 audit, Gain the skills to assess an organization’s capability to manage its IT SMS, Apply ISO 19011 concepts, new terminology and guidelines,
- Understanding ISO 17021 Audit Program.
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- The high level understanding of the International Standard for Service Management System and its applicability in all types of business,
- Knowledge of ISO 20000-1 SMS Fundamentals and Requirements;
- Knowledge of Risk Management requirements of ISO 20000-1 SMS;
- Knowledge and skills required to perform audits of Service Management Systems (SMS) against the SMS standards,
- Increase your credibility through gaining international recognition.
Who should attend?
- Anyone involved in the auditing, maintaining or supervising of an ISO 20001 IT SMS;
- Professional envisioning themselves as auditors who want to perform and lead Service Management System (SMS) certification audits,
- Professionals positioning themselves as internal auditors in the Service Management System (SMS),
- Consultants and managers who want to equip the audit process for IT service management system,
- Personals who are taking care of compliances in the service management system,
- Proficient advisors who want to take lead in IT SMS projects,
- Technical members who want to build IT Service Management audit department,
- Personnel involved in the coordination, auditing or maintaining of an IT Service Management System in their organization.
The participants are expected to have sufficient knowledge of the ISO 20000 standard requirements prior to attending this class.