ISO/IEC 20000-1 is an international standard that is specifically focused on IT service management. Its main role is to ensure the quality of the IT services a particular organization or company delivers. This standard sets the requirements that are necessary for the IT service management system (ITSMS) and ensures that the organization’s practices are conducted in compliance with all regulations required by ISO/IEC 20000-1.
The ISO/IEC 20000-1 can help in improving the services of an organization and meet the requirements of customers and clients. In addition, it can ensure that the control, operation, and delivery of the ITSMS are at a satisfactory level of quality.
Main Advantages of ISO/IEC 20000-1 Certification
Getting certified by an internationally accredited body will put your organization in an advantageous position in many fields. Namely, by obtaining the ISO/IEC 20000-1 Certification you get to use advantages that will make your company or organization more reliable and trustworthy. In addition, your organization will get credibility to deliver IT services at an exceptional level to both internal and external customers.
The ISO/IEC 20000-1 is suitable for all types of companies and organizations that operate, monitor, or are responsible for service management systems. After certification, you should expect the following advantages:
- Demonstrating compliance with all international regulations and standards.
- Creating and developing an operational and modern IT service management system.
- Ensuring and enhancing customer trust and loyalty.
- Improving knowledge of IT service management.
- Reducing costs caused by failed operations and inefficiencies.
- Avoiding errors that may occur in the IT service management system.
What is ISO/IEC 20000-1?
The ISO/IEC 20000-1 is an international standard that ensures that the IT services of an organization are conducted and delivered according to customer expectations and in compliance with global regulations and legislation. This standard is focused on IT management specifically, meaning that it comes with a set of standardized requirements that are necessary for the IT service management system.
When a company or organization obtains the ISO/IEC 20000-1, it means that it is ready to deliver IT management services that are in compliance with all regulations. In addition, this certification is aimed toward continual improvement and avoidance of mistakes in the IT service management system.
When an organization obtains the ISO/IEC 20000-1, it gets access to the best practices that can be applied in the IT service management system:
- Constant improvement of the processes in order to achieve the quality of the service management system.
- Aid in implementing and delivering IT services successfully and effectively.
- Established customer trust and continual improvement of existing relationships.
- Compliance with standardized requirements and regulations.
- Avoidance of failures.
Benefits of Getting ISO/IEC 20000-1 Certification
Getting an ISO/IEC 20000-1 Certification means that an organization will achieve the best practices in order to improve the work related to the IT services. This means that the organization gets the chance to identify and control risks that are related to service interruptions. The way in which your company or organization delivers IT services is of crucial importance because that is how you establish clients’ confidence and trust.
The following benefits will be at your disposal, once your organization gets certified:
- Reducing costs produced by failures,
- Reducing incidents and ensuring better incident management,
- Reducing interruptions caused by IT services that are inappropriately handled,
- Obtaining a greater understanding and knowledge of IT objectives that are intended to be met,
- Protecting the organization’s assets, employees, and stakeholders,
- Placing your organization in an advantageous position when applying for contracts,
- Enhancing customer satisfaction and reducing customer complaints,
- Ensuring consistent IT delivery.
How to Become ISO/IEC 20000-1 Certified?
In order to obtain an ISO/IEC 20000-1 Certification, a company or organization must implement an IT service management system (ITSMS). The achievement of this certification is implemented through a comprehensive assessment that is done in multiple stages.
The ISO auditors need to determine that your organization has successfully implemented the IT service management system while complying with all ISO requirements. Once your organization gets certified, you can use the ISO/IEC 20000-1 Certification in marketing and promotional materials.
Start Your Journey To ISO/IEC 20000-1 Certification
To start your journey to ISO/IEC 20000-1 Certification, you can contact us for a free quote. We will deliver a quote that is specifically made to meet your requirements, and we support various ISO standards.
What industries implement ISO/IEC 20000-1?
Nowadays, a major number of companies and organizations are getting certification in ISO/IEC 20000-1. By getting certified, organizations want to show to their customers that they are responsible and that they work following all given practices. This certification means that the ISO/IEC 20000-1 is eligible to ensure that a particular company can deliver IT services through an improved and well-developed system.
How long does the ISO/IEC 20000-1 Certification last?
The ISO/IEC 20000-1 Certification lasts for three years, and it is regularly checked and audited every year to ensure that your organization is compliant with all regulations. Once the three years have passed, you will be required to do a recertification.
How do I implement ISO/IEC 20000-1?
ISO/IEC 20000-1 is a framework that includes the details and the requirements of the IT service management system. The ITSMS can be implemented by using an independent ISO expert or ISO consultant that will support you throughout the whole process.
The implementation of the ITSMS system includes determining organizational goals, controlling, and delivering IT services that will be monitored through the operations of your organization.