ISO/IEC 27001 is an international standard used for managing and protecting the data of your organization. This standard demonstrates that you have invested in people, technology, and processes in order to protect the information that your organization holds.
ISO/IEC 27001 provides security and ensures that data related to customers and employees is stored securely, and it is in compliance with all legal requirements, such as HIPAA, GDPR, and CCPA. This standard uses a process-based approach for establishing, implementing, monitoring, operating, maintaining, and improving your information security management system (ISMS).
Main Advantages of ISO/IEC 27001 Certification
Once you obtain an ISO/IEC 27001 Certification with an internationally-accredited body, your organization gets access to exceptionally beneficial advantages. Getting certified means that your organization or company will become more reliable and efficient, and you will be able to provide confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all corporate data in a more efficient and optimized way.
The ISO/IEC 27001 Certification is suitable for all sizes and types of organizations that manage and hold personal and commercial data. These are the advantages you obtain after certification:
- Establishing a secure data transfer and information exchange that occurs between organizations and companies,
- Demonstrating compliance of your organization with all data security regulations and legislation, such as HIPAA, GDPR, and CCPA,
- Creating a culture of security at all levels for the protection of personal and sensitive data and information,
- Winning customer trust and loyalty by ensuring complete security of personal information,
- Reducing the risks of an organization’s cyber security and data breach,
- Reducing the costs of adding layers for defensive technology that might not work.
What is ISO/IEC 27001?
The ISO/IEC 27001 standard plays an essential role in an organization’s security and protection of personal or corporate data and information. Since there are numerous high-profile cyber security attacks and data breaches, customers require a high level of security for the management of their personal data and information.
The ISO/IEC 27001 standard is the international standard with which companies and organizations ensure the security and protection of information. With the use of this standard, organizations can easily implement an information security management system (ISMS) that will allow the successful establishment of security protocols for data protection. An ISMS provides a method for solid management of security risks while complying with all relevant regulations and legislation.
Once an organization gets certified, it gets access to the best practices to ensure secure storage of personal and corporate data and information:
- Protection of customer and employee information,
- Effective management of security risks,
- Compliance with regulations and legislation (GDPR, HIPAA, CCPA),
- Protection of the reputation of the company or organization,
- Enhancement of customer trust,
- Implementation of objectives in data security and protection.
Benefits of Getting ISO/IEC 27001 Certification
Providing security and protection of the data and information that are stored in your organization or company is of essential importance. When security is established, you are determining conditions for the smooth and effective operation of your organization.
After getting certified, you ensure that your organization will obtain the following benefits:
- Protecting confidential information,
- Providing secure ways and methods for the management of security risks,
- Securely exchange data and information between organizations,
- Complying with security regulations,
- Obtaining an advantageous position with tenders that require security certification as a mandatory condition,
- Reducing the risk of data security breaches and cyberattacks,
- Fully protecting the organization and assets used in it.
How to Become ISO/IEC 27001 Certified?
In order to obtain an ISO/IEC 27001 Certification, a company or organization must implement an Information Security Management System (ISMS). The achievement of this certification is implemented through a comprehensive assessment that is done in multiple stages.
The ISO auditors need to determine that your organization has successfully implemented the information security management system while complying with all ISO requirements. Once your organization gets certified, you can use the ISO/IEC 27001 Certification in marketing and promotional materials.
Start Your Journey To ISO/IEC 27001 Certification
To start your journey to ISO/IEC 27001 Certification, you can contact us for a free quote. We will deliver a quote that is specifically made to meet your requirements, and we support various ISO standards.
What industries implement ISO/IEC 27001?
The ISO/IEC 27001 is suitable for all sizes and types of organizations – from small organizations to big corporations, from non-governmental to governmental organizations and public enterprises. The ISO/IEC 27001 is implemented in many industries, such as hospitality, construction, retail, financial services, and manufacturing.
The standard can also be used by organizations that handle high volumes of data and information that belong to other companies, such as IT outsourcing organizations and data centers.
How long does the ISO/IEC 27001 Certification last?
The ISO/IEC 27001 Certification lasts for three years, and it is regularly checked and audited every year to ensure that your organization is compliant with all regulations. Once the three years have passed, you will be required to do a recertification.
How do I implement ISO/IEC 27001?
ISO/IEC 27001 is a framework that includes the details and the requirements of the information security management system. The ISMS system can be implemented by using an independent ISO expert or ISO consultant that will support you throughout the whole process.
The implementation of the ISMS system includes determining organizational goals, assessing, and managing security risks that will be monitored through the operations of your organization.