ISO 26000 is an international standard that helps in establishing the social responsibility management system within a company. This standard helps organizations effectively to assess and address the social responsibility norms that are considered important and significant for the mission of those organizations. In addition, it contributes to the improvement of relationships with customers, stakeholders, and communities. It is also concerned with the environmental impact that is caused by the operations of a particular company or organization.
Main Advantages of ISO 26000 Certification
The reason why it is recommended to obtain an ISO 26000 Certification is due to the fact that this standard can put your organization or company in a quite advantageous position. The ISO 26000 standard is designed to help organizations address social responsibilities in an effective and organized manner. In addition, it contributes to conducting operations smoothly and in compliance with all regulations related to social responsibility.
The ISO 26000 standard is suitable for every organization or company that needs to implement the social responsibility management system in its work. Once you get certified, you get access to the following advantages:
- Recognizing social responsibility while engaging the stakeholders and customers,
- Integrating socially responsible behavior using different methods,
- Incorporating the main principles regarding social responsibility, such as ethical behavior, transparency, accountability, respect for national and international laws and regulations, and respect for human rights,
- Emphasizing accomplishments and results,
- Promoting common terminology and behavior in the field of social responsibility,
- Broadening awareness of social responsibility within the company or organization,
- Obtaining practical guidance related to operations that require the social responsibility management system,
- Enhancing the credibility of reports and claims made about social responsibility.
What is ISO 26000?
ISO 26000 is an international standard that is designed to provide help and guidance on how to behave in a socially responsible manner within an organization, and with customers and stakeholders. It is developed in order to enable companies to incorporate elements and activities that will contribute to a healthy community. In other words, it is a standard that helps keep employees socially responsible while spreading awareness of the importance of the notion of social responsibility.
Once certified, organizations and companies gain the credibility that they are operating while incorporating the socially responsible norms. Moreover, they get the opportunity to show that they are seriously committed in improving the ecosystem by implementing the social responsibility management system that contains several elements:
- Translating socially responsible principles into effective actions,
- Incorporating the best practices related to social responsibility at a global level,
- Improving the performance of the company or organization while contributing towards sustainable development,
- Demonstrating care about the environment and its sustainability,
- Delivering products and services while ensuring that every operation is in compliance with social norms and regulations,
- Enhancing the reputation of the company and strengthening its brand,
- Attracting new customers and employees.
Benefits of Getting ISO 26000 Certification
The ISO 26000 Certification can be used as a very powerful tool in the operation of a particular organization since it comes with numerous benefits. It does not only help companies and organizations stay socially responsible in their work but it also opens opportunities for them to grow and improve. The ISO 26000 Certification gives you access to the best practices that contribute to a healthy ecosystem, and by incorporating them into the daily operations. your company or organization will be able to meet all requirements that are related to social responsibility.
After getting the ISO 26000 Certification, the company or organization gets access to the following benefits:
- Increasing profits,
- Enhancing the internal processes and operations that contribute to the environment,
- Incorporating the best practices to help employees work in a socially responsible manner,
- Pointing out the necessity of social responsibility in business and raising awareness for the same,
- Motivating employees to incorporate socially responsible behavior by defining its impact on the ecosystem,
- Increasing confidence and satisfaction in organizations among their customers and other stakeholders,
- Attracting new customers,
- Achieving consistency with existing documents, international treaties, and conventions.
How to Become ISO 26000 Certified?
In order to obtain an ISO 26000 Certification, a company or organization must implement a social responsibility management system (SRMS). The achievement of this certification is implemented through a comprehensive assessment that is done in multiple stages.
The ISO auditors need to determine that your organization has successfully implemented the social responsibility management system while complying with all ISO requirements. Once your organization gets certified, you can use the ISO 26000 Certification in marketing and promotional materials.
Start Your Journey To ISO 26000 Certification
To start your journey to ISO 26000 Certification, you can contact us for a free quote. We will deliver a quote that is specifically made to meet your requirements, and we support various ISO standards.
What industries implement ISO 26000?
The ISO 26000 Certification is suitable for any kind of company and organization that needs to implement the Social Responsibility Management System successfully. By getting certified, organizations want to show to their customers that they are socially responsible and that they work following all given practices. This certification means that the ISO 26000 is eligible to ensure that a particular company can implement practices related to social responsibility, and follow the best measures that relate to controlling and improving the ecosystem while complying with all social requirements at a global level.
How long does the ISO 26000 Certification last?
The ISO 26000 Certification lasts for three years, and it is regularly checked and audited every year to ensure that your organization is compliant with all regulations. Once the three years have passed, you will be required to do a recertification.
How do I implement ISO 26000?
ISO 26000 is a framework that includes the details and the requirements of the social responsibility management system. The SRMS can be implemented by using an independent ISO expert or ISO consultant that will support you throughout the whole process.
The implementation of the SRM system includes determining organizational goals, establishing socially responsible requirements, and managing social and environmental impacts that will be monitored through the operations of your organization.