ISO 22301 is an international standard that provides practices that help organizations protect their businesses from risks and potential threats that occur due to unexpected disasters and disruptions of business functions. ISO 22301 plays an essential role in establishing the Business Continuity Management System in order to protect a particular organization in case of natural disasters, thefts, disease outbreaks, terrorist attacks, and similar occurrences.
Main Advantages of ISO 22301 Certification
Getting the ISO 22301 Certification for your organization means obtaining the best practices from an internationally accredited certification body. Once you get certified, you get access to exceptional advantages that place you at a higher level in the world of business. In other words, the certification serves as proof that your organization is prepared to manage every situation and every disruption in the most appropriate manner.
The ISO 22301 Certification is suitable for all organizations and companies that are in need of a business continuity management system. After you get certified, your organization or company obtains the following advantages:
- Minimizing disruptions and risks that occur in the management systems of your organization,
- Setting out clear guidelines that need to be implemented in case of disruptions or disasters,
- Applying well-developed strategies and procedures in case of emergencies,
- Demonstrating continuity management competence to stakeholders and clients,
- Avoiding loss of revenue in case of an occurrence of a major problem,
- Enjoying reduced insurance premiums,
- Protecting assets and reputation of the company or organization.
What is ISO 22301?
The ISO 22301 is a standard that provides assurance that the operations of your organization will continue despite possible disruptions and occurrences. Disruptions that may occur in a particular organization can result in revenue losses, failure to fulfill obligations in contracts, loss of clients, and harmed reputation. The ISO 22301 establishes a framework for implementing a Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) in order to reduce and control the risks that may affect business operations in your organization.
The ISO 22301 standard is used to establish and implement particular practices that will need to be applied in case of disasters. By implementing a business continuity management system, you are making sure that your organization and staff will be able to manage any unexpected occurrences without damages of significant proportions.
When an organization obtains the ISO 22301, it gets access to the best practices that can be applied in relation to continuity of business in case of disruptions:
- Identifying, monitoring, and controlling risks associated with disruptions and downtime,
- Ensuring flexibility of the organization in case of disruptions,
- Maximizing quality and efficiency in case of occurrences of major problems,
- Developing continuity and recovery plans to ensure the continuation of business operations,
- Creating awareness of risks that might occur due to external factors,
- Protecting the reputation of the organization,
- Protecting the revenue and avoiding possible losses.
Benefits of Getting ISO 22301 Certification
Considering the fact that most organizations operate on a global level nowadays, it is of crucial importance to ensure protection and continuity of operations even in the case of possible disruptions and disasters. Obtaining an ISO 22301 means providing support for your organizations in order to reduce risks that come from external sources. The ISO 22301 Certification ensures that your organization has a recovery plan at any given moment, and it is able to continue operations despite disruptions.
You get access to the following benefits once you get certified in ISO 22301:
- Maintaining an up-to-date business continuity management system,
- Complying with all regulations and legislation,
- Reducing costs that result from downtime and cease of operations at a particular time,
- Gaining client trust and loyalty,
- Enhancing risk awareness in employees,
- Applying for tenders that ask for a BCMS as a mandatory requirement,
- Protecting the reputation of the organization.
How to Become ISO 22301 Certified?
In order to obtain an ISO 22301 Certification, a company or organization must implement a business continuity management system (BCMS). The achievement of this certification is implemented through a comprehensive assessment that is done in multiple stages.
The ISO auditors need to determine that your organization has successfully implemented the business continuity management system while complying with all ISO requirements. Once your organization gets certified, you can use the ISO 22301 Certification in marketing and promotional materials.
Start Your Journey To ISO 22301 Certification
To start your journey to ISO 22301 Certification, you can contact us for a free quote. We will deliver a quote that is specifically made to meet your requirements, and we support various ISO standards.
What industries implement ISO 22301?
Nowadays, a major number of companies and organizations are getting certification in ISO 22301. By getting certified, organizations want to show to their customers that they are responsible and that they work following all given practices. This certification means that the ISO 22301 is eligible to ensure that a particular company can deliver continuity of operations in case of disruptions and disasters.
How long does the ISO 22301 Certification last?
The ISO 22301 Certification lasts for three years, and it is regularly checked and audited every year to ensure that your organization is compliant with all regulations. Once the three years have passed, you will be required to do a recertification.
How do I implement ISO 22301?
ISO 22301 is a framework that includes the details and the requirements of the business continuity management system. The BCMS can be implemented by using an independent ISO expert or ISO consultant that will support you throughout the whole process.
The implementation of the BCMS system includes determining organizational goals, controlling, and managing risks that will be monitored through the operations of your organization.