ISO 14001 is known as the global standard that organizations use to represent their environmental credentials. Environmental credibility plays a crucial role for businesses that want to position themselves higher on a national and international level. ISO 14001 provides all the practical tools that a particular business needs in order to manage its environmental responsibilities and obligations.
The Environmental Management System helps in controlling, measuring, and improving the environmental impact. Moreover, ISO 14001 is designed for any type of organization, regardless of its activity, meaning that every business has a chance of getting certified.
Main Advantages of ISO 14001 Certification
Obtaining an ISO 14001 Certification with an accredited certification body means obtaining outstanding advantages for your company, and placing your organization higher in the national and international world of business. It is suitable for all sizes and types of organizations – from small organizations to big corporations, from non-governmental to governmental organizations and public enterprises.
Once you get your business certified, you gain access to the following advantages:
- Gaining international recognition and operating beyond national borders, leading to an increase in sales and revenue and new markets,
- Improving the image of your business by working in conformity with national standards,
- Securing excellent quality for your products and services,
- Ensuring consistency and safety of your business,
- Improving performance and obtaining more satisfied customers by optimizing operations,
- Achieving the ability to implement new working practices characterized by efficiency and promptness,
- Managing projects in the most efficient way and reaching new markets,
- Dealing with risks with excellent preparedness and ensuring a chance to turn them into opportunities,
- Winning customer trust and loyalty by demonstrating credentials.
What is ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is an internationally agreed standard that helps in measuring, controlling, and managing environmental impact. Since climate change, environmental impact, and sustainability are significant factors for the development of different businesses, organizations need something that will serve as an aid in improving environmental performance. ISO 14001 offers ways in which businesses can use resources in a more efficient manner and significantly reduce waste while gaining the trust and loyalty of stakeholders.
ISO 14001 is a systematic framework developed by the International Organization for Standardization, and it includes the best practices that businesses can use in order to manage and control temporary and long-term environmental impacts. By getting certified, your business achieves the status of an organization that meets international industry-specific environmental standards.
Once a business gets certified, it obtains access to safety and health practices that help in improving the environmental management:
- Controlling the risk of pollution,
- Measuring and controlling the environmental footprint of products and services,
- Creating operational advancements while using efficient resources,
- Ensuring that work is conducted in compliance with all legislation and regulation rules.
Benefits of Getting ISO 14001 Certification
Customers, investors, and stakeholders choose organizations that are responsible for the environmental impact made by their products and services. Organizations and corporations are expected to handle their environmental impact, such as air, water and soil contamination, use of resources, sewage, wastage, nd so on. Obtaining an ISO 14001 Certification means that your business is handling all of these impacts in a controlled manner and in compliance with all standards.
Precisely, the ISO 14001 Certification ensures the following benefits:
- Applying for tenders that require this particular certification,
- Enhancing the relations with public institutions and local communities that are responsible for environmental protection,
- Transparency of the company or organization,
- Early detection of environmental issues that may cause damage later,
- Improving customer trust along with employee engagement in the environmental field,
- Improving the status and image of your business,
- Reducing the risk of environmental disasters and damages,
- Easy complying with legislation and regulation rules and standards.
How to Become ISO 14001 Certified?
In order to obtain an ISO 14001 Certification, a company or organization must implement an Environmental Management System (EMS). The achievement of this certification is implemented through a comprehensive assessment that is done in multiple stages.
The ISO auditors need to determine that your organization has successfully implemented the environmental management system while complying with all ISO requirements. Once your organization gets certified, you can use the ISO 14001 Certification in marketing and promotional materials.
Start Your Journey To ISO 14001 Certification
To start your journey to ISO 14001 Certification, you can contact us for a free quote. We will deliver a quote that are specifically made to meet your requirements, and we support various ISO standards.
What industries implement ISO 14001?
The ISO 14001 Certification is suitable for all types of organizations and businesses, from small start-ups and charities to big corporations, local municipalities and government institutions. The ISO 14001 is implemented in many industries, such as hospitality, construction, retail, financial services, and manufacturing.
This standard is used to enhance and improve the performance of an organization, and to help businesses meet the required legislation and regulations.
How long does the ISO 14001 Certification last?
The ISO 14001 Certification lasts for three years, and it is regularly checked and audited every year to ensure that your organization is compliant with all regulations. Once the three years have passed, you will be required to do a recertification.
How do I implement ISO 14001?
ISO 14001 is a framework that includes the details and the requirements of the environmental management system. The EMS system can be implemented by using an independent ISO expert or ISO consultant that will support you throughout the whole process.
The implementation of the EMS system includes determining organizational goals, assessing, and managing environmental impacts that will be monitored through the operations of your organization.