Introduction to Energy Management and ISO 19011, pre-audit management, ISO 50001 requirements, documentation review, audit planning, auditing techniques, evaluation of audit observations, and raising Non-Conformance Reports. An effective Energy Management System (EnMS) audit allows organizations to assess whether their operations align with planned phases and energy management objectives. Whether you are a seasoned energy professional or a beginner, evaluating your expertise in EnMS is crucial.
The implementation of an energy management system, as per ISO 50001, aims to empower organizations to enhance their energy performance, improve energy efficiency, and effectively manage energy-related risks. Internal auditing is a key component of a successful EnMS, and by participating in this course, you will acquire the skills necessary to contribute to the improvement of your organization’s energy performance.
This course is designed to cultivate the essential skills needed to assess and report on conformance and implementation of processes based on ISO 50001. Participants will learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, compile and distribute audit reports, and complete follow-up activities.
How Will You Benefit?
This course will empower you to:
- Plan, conduct, report, and follow up on ISO 50001 audit activities.
- Identify and apply the benefits and requirements of an ISO 50001 audit.
- Assess an organization’s capability to manage its Energy Management System.
- Apply ISO 19011 concepts, new terminology, and guidelines.
- Understand the risks and opportunities associated with energy management auditing.
- Draft factual audit reports and propose corrective actions.
- Conduct all phases of an internal audit adopting a risk-based approach.
What Will You Learn?
You will gain knowledge in:
- Guidelines of management system auditing according to ISO 19011.
- Application of auditing guidelines to ISO 50001.
- Initiating, preparing, and conducting audit activities.
- Preparing and distributing the audit report.
- Completing audit and follow-up.
Who Should Attend?
This course is suitable for anyone involved in the auditing, maintenance, or supervision of an ISO 50001 Energy Management System.