This training is designed to give you the relevant skills and knowledge to assess and report on the conformance and effective implementation of an environmental management system. Optimize your auditing skills in line with the internationally recognized ISO 14001 and boost your internal audit capabilities with the latest developments of the new 19011 standard.
The purpose of this training is to equip you with the knowledge and skills needed to perform internal audits on Environmental Management Systems and to contribute to the continual improvement of the management system.
This course develops the necessary skills to assess and report on the conformance and implementation of processes based on ISO 14001. You’ll learn how to initiate an audit, prepare and conduct audit activities, comply and distribute audit reports and complete follow-up activities.
How will I benefit?
After course completion you will be able to:
- Describe the responsibilities of an internal auditor and describe the role of internal audit in the maintenance and improvement of management systems,
- Explain the purpose and structure of ISO 14001, and explain the principles, process and selected techniques used for the assignment and management of environmental aspects and impacts, including the significance of these for EMS auditors,
- Plan and prepare for an internal audit, gather audit evidence through observation, interview and sampling of documents and records,
- Understand the types of risks and opportunities associated with auditing,
- Write factual audit reports that help to improve the effectiveness of the management system,
- Suggest ways in which the effectiveness of corrective action might be verified,
- Gain the skills to assess an organization’s capability to manage its EMS,
- Apply ISO 19011 concepts, new terminology and guidelines.
What will I learn?
You will learn about:
- Guidelines of management system auditing according to ISO 19011
- Application of auditing guidelines to ISO 14001
- Initiating, preparing and conducting audit activities
- Preparing and distributing the audit report
- Completing audit and follow-up
Who should attend?
Anyone involved in the auditing, maintaining or supervising of an ISO 14001 EMS.