ISO 16949 is an international standard that establishes the framework necessary for a quality management system intended for the automotive sector. The main purpose of this standard is to allow an organization or company to provide continual improvement, reduction of waste in the supply chain, and defect prevention. ISO 16949 is an independent document aligned with ISO 9001, meaning this standard cannot be implemented alone. In other words, if you intend to implement ISO 16949, you need to implement it as a supplement to ISO 9001.
Main Advantages of ISO 16949 Certification
The ISO 16949 Certification opens up a lot of opportunities for an organization or a company that has decided to get certified. With the certification, a particular business will easily implement the Quality management system (QMS) for the automotive sector, and it will continue growing and aiming for better results. With the ISO 16949 standard, every organization has the chance to meet the requirements that are aligned with the standard, while at the same time, staying compliant with all regulations and legislation.
Once an organization gets certified in ISO 16949, it gains access to the following advantages:
- Meeting customer and stakeholder requirements,
- Promoting the idea of continual improvement,
- Defining clear organizational objectives, and improving processes to reach them,
- Preventing defects and similar risks,
- Establishing specific requirements and essential tools that relate to the automotive industry,
- Promoting the reduction of waste in the supply chain,
- Creating operations in compliance with all requirements, regulations, and legislation.
What Is ISO 16949?
ISO 16949 is an internationally recognized standard that provides the framework and the tools for organizations or companies that want to ensure that the requirements of their customers are continuously met and that the quality of their services is consistently improving. This standard helps in implementing the Automotive Quality Management System (AQMS), which will make sure that all operations are done in compliance with given regulations. That way, companies or organizations can ensure customer satisfaction while meeting all requirements, but at the same time making all of the operations within their business more effective and efficient.
ISO 16949 is a supplemental standard that covers all the aspects and concepts related to the automotive sector:
- Establishing Automotive supplemental requirements of a quality management system,
- Defining the base requirements of a quality management system,
- Focusing on aspects that make the quality management system more efficient and effective,
- Incorporating the basic language and concepts that need to be covered by employees,
- Providing guidance on external and internal audits of a quality management system,
- Outlining risk management guidelines and principles,
- Incorporating generic requirements applicable to any supplier providing design, development, production, and installation services of automotive-related products.
Benefits of Getting ISO 16949 Certification
By implementing the automotive quality management system in your organization or company, you ensure that your customer will continually receive good quality products and services. This means that your business will unlock multiple benefits, which will lead to an increase in profits and growth of your company. Getting the ISO 16949 Certification means obtaining proof that you strive to meet all requirements related to the automotive sector and keep your customer satisfied at all times.
Precisely, once you get certified in ISO 16949, your organization or company gets to use the following benefits:
- Enhancing customer satisfaction through effective application of the quality management system.
- Demonstrating the ability of an organization to provide services and products that meet all regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Implementing processes and techniques for improvement of the system and the overall operations.
- Establishing objectives that will be incorporated in order to create new business opportunities.
- Ensuring customer loyalty and gaining new prospective clients.
- Expanding into new markets, especially ones that require the standard for their business.
- Identifying and controlling risks that may occur during operations of the organization.
- Increasing productivity and efficiency within the organization.
- Implementing corporate responsibility policies.
How to Become ISO 16949 Certified?
In order to obtain an ISO 16949 Certification, a company or organization must implement an automotive quality management system (AQMS). The achievement of this certification is implemented through a comprehensive assessment that is done in multiple stages.
The ISO auditors need to determine that your organization has successfully implemented the automotive quality management system while complying with all ISO requirements. Once your organization gets certified, you can use the ISO 16949 Certification in marketing and promotional materials.
Start Your Journey To ISO 16949 Certification
To start your journey to ISO 16949 Certification, you can contact us for a free quote. We will deliver a quote that is specifically made to meet your requirements, and we support various ISO standards.
What industries implement ISO 16949?
The ISO 16949 Certification is suitable for any kind of company and organization that needs to implement an automotive quality management system successfully. This standard is usually implemented as a supplement to the ISO 9001 standard. By getting certified, organizations want to show to their customers that they are committed to quality and that they work following all given practices. This certification means that the ISO 16949 is eligible to ensure that a particular company can implement quality management practices, and follow the best measures that relate to increasing revenue and improving customer trust within an organization or company.
How long does the ISO 16949 Certification last?
The ISO 16949 Certification lasts for three years, and it is regularly checked and audited every year to ensure that your organization is compliant with all regulations. Once the three years have passed, you will be required to do a recertification.
How do I implement ISO 16949?
ISO 16949 is a framework that includes the details and the requirements of the automotive quality management system. The AQMS can be implemented by using an independent ISO expert or ISO consultant that will support you throughout the whole process.
The implementation of the AQMS system includes determining organizational goals, establishing quality efficiency requirements, and managing and controlling risks that will be monitored through the operations of your organization.