ISO 50001 is an international standard that helps in establishing the Energy Management System in an organization or company. It is suitable for every business that is looking for ways to improve energy management by incorporating the best practices in compliance with appropriate regulations. The ISO 50001 provides the framework for implementing the Energy Management System (EnMS) in order to improve the energy efficiency of an organization while reducing the environmental impacts of its operations.
Main Advantages of ISO 50001 Certification
Obtaining an ISO 50001 Certification means getting certified through an internationally accredited certification body. This standard is designed to help organizations maintain and control their environmental impacts and to improve the efficiency of the energy used within the company or organization. The ISO 50001 standard puts businesses in extremely advantageous positions because it enables organizations to use the best practices included in the energy management system.
This standard is suitable for every type of company or organization regardless of the size or the type of it. Once your organization gets certified in ISO 50001, it gains access to the following advantages:
- Measuring, managing, and reducing energy use,
- Reducing the operational costs of the organization,
- Reducing carbon emissions in order to comply with international environmental regulations and legislation,
- Demonstrating environmental credentials for tender applications,
- Gaining customer trust and loyalty,
- Promoting best energy practices,
- Improving the reputation of the organization or company.
What is ISO 50001?
ISO 50001 is an internationally recognized standard that provides the framework for incorporating the energy management system (EnMS). It specifies the requirements that are necessary for an organization to improve energy efficiency and lower operational costs. It also manages the environmental impacts that are caused by the operations of a particular organization. The standard is especially important for customers interested in net zero and carbon emissions following COP26.
By getting certified, organizations gain the ability and credibility to demonstrate their serious commitment in improving energy efficiency and lowering greenhouse gas emissions:
- Supporting organizational efforts in reducing energy consumption,
- Establishing framework for establishing the energy management system,
- Helping companies and organizations in achieving net zero through reduced carbon emissions,
- Creating a sustainable organizational culture,
- Monitoring the process and progress of employees towards energy performance.
Benefits of Getting ISO 50001 Certification
The ISO 50001 enables the employees, customers, and stakeholders to actively participate in the improvement in energy efficiency and in the control of the environmental impacts. This standard allows the easy management and reduce in energy consumption. By incorporating the best practices, a particular organization gains the ability to monitor and assess the energy usage. In addition, the standard can help in improving the reputation of the organization while reducing the costs and risks of energy price spikes and supply interruption.
After getting the ISO 50001 Certification, the company organization gets access to the following benefits:
- Reducing greenhouse gas emissions and carbon footprint,
- Increasing energy efficiency by up to 10% in the first 12 months,
- Incorporating practices and measures in compliance with given regulations,
- Gaining customer trust and loyalty through improved image and reputation of the organization,
- Increasing energy awareness among employees and stakeholders,
- Improving operational and maintenance practices,
- Gaining competitive advantage on the market,
- Promoting best energy practices.
How to Become ISO 50001 Certified?
In order to obtain an ISO 50001 Certification, a company or organization must implement an Energy Management System (EnMS). The achievement of this certification is implemented through a comprehensive assessment that is done in multiple stages.
The ISO auditors need to determine that your organization has successfully implemented the energy management system while complying with all ISO requirements. Once your organization gets certified, you can use the ISO 50001 Certification in marketing and promotional materials.
Start Your Journey To ISO 50001 Certification
To start your journey to ISO 50001 Certification, you can contact us for a free quote. We will deliver a quote that is specifically made to meet your requirements, and we support various ISO standards.
What industries implement ISO 50001?
The ISO 50001 Certification is suitable for any kind of company and organization that needs to implement the energy management system successfully. By getting certified, organizations want to show to their customers that they are responsible and that they work following all given practices. This certification means that the ISO 50001 is eligible to ensure that a particular company can implement energy efficiency practices, and follow the best measures that relate to controlling and handling environmental impacts and greenhouse gas emissions.
How long does the ISO 50001 Certification last?
The ISO 50001 Certification lasts for three years, and it is regularly checked and audited every year to ensure that your organization is compliant with all regulations. Once the three years have passed, you will be required to do a recertification.
How do I implement ISO 50001?
ISO 50001 is a framework that includes the details and the requirements of the energy management system. The EnSM can be implemented by using an independent ISO expert or ISO consultant that will support you throughout the whole process.
The implementation of the EnSM system includes determining organizational goals, establishing energy efficiency requirements, and managing environmental impacts that will be monitored through the operations of your organization.